17 June 2018
Do you agree? “Where love sets the table, the food tastes best.” – Unknown
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
For the month of August, the Goodrich Indian team chose Gulab Jamun.
An Iconic Delight from India , the Gulab Jamun is synonymous with India Sweet treats. Simply Yummy!
- For the dough balls
- 225g/8oz powdered milk
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350ml/12fl oz milk
- 25g/1oz butter, melted
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
For the sugar syrup:
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz water
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts of choice
1. For the dough balls, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, adding enough extra water to form a soft, sticky dough. Cover with cling film and set aside for 10 minutes. Shape the dough into small round balls.
2. Heat the oil in a deep heavy-bottomed frying pan. It is ready when a breadcrumb dropped in will sizzle gently in it. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.) Deep fry the balls until golden brown, then remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and set aside on kitchen papper to drain.
3. Make sugar syrup by heating the sugar and water together with the saffron until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is syrupy.
4. When the dough balls are cool, add to the syrup and leave to soak for about 1 hour.
5. Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Triangles, Moduleo Moods
- Trancoso, Elitis
- East Village, Camengo
- Broadway, Ex Stock