16 June 2018
Do you agree?
“Bless the food before us, the family beside us and the love between us.” – Unknown
Why not try baking something different for your family to share?
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
For the month of July, the Goodrich UAE team chose Basbousa.
A true Middle Eastern Treat, Basbousa makes eyes light up in many Middle Eastern countries. Paired with strong, brewed tea, it is the perfect tea-time distraction!
• 2 ¼ cups sugar
• 1 ½ cups water
• 1 lemon, juice of
• 1 tsp honey (optional)
• ½ cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 cups semolina
• 1tbsp baking soda
• 1 cup whole milk
1. Prepare syrup first
2. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan
3. Add lemon juice and bring to a boil
4. Once the syrup begins to boil, add in honey
5. Reduce heat and allow to slowly boil for about 8-10 minutes
6. Remove from heat and set aside
7. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
8. Lightly grease and flour a 9x12 baking dish
9. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla.
10. In a separate bowl, combine semolina, baking powder and baking soda.
11. Slowly add to butter and egg mixture.
12. Stir in milk.
13. Pour mixture into baking dish and smooth with spoon.
14. Take a butter knife and diagonal lines from left to right and complete to make diamond shapes.
15. Place an almond in the center of each diamond.
16. Bake for 25 minutes
17. Remove cake from oven and pour syrup over cake until no more can be absorbed.
18. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
19. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Panema, BN
- Pur Mohair, Elitis
- Kashba Jewel, Brink and Campman
- Basket Weave, Moduleo Moods