01 June 2018
When you think of Thai cusine, what is the first thing that pops into your mind?
Well, Goodrich’s Thailand team chose the Khao Niew Mamuang or more commonly known as Mango Sticky Rice.
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
For June, there is no more apt choice then the refreshing and delicious Mango Sticky Rice.
- 1/2 cup uncooked Thai sticky rice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 ripe mangoes
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Soak the sticky rice in water overnight. Then steam it until the grains are soft and translucent (~40 minutes) using a Thai rice steamer.
- While the rice is steaming, mix the coconut milk, salt, and sugar over medium heat until the mixture is smooth. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of this sauce for later.
- Once the rice is done, add it to the coconut milk sauce. The rice will soak up the sauce as it cools, so add it in small sections and wait for it to absorb the liquid before adding more. You may not need to use all of the rice to achieve the right texture.
- Slice a ripe mango and arrange next to the sticky rice. Spoon the reserved coconut sauce on top and garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Atelier Craft, Brink and Campman
- Tampa, Camengo
- Laminate Geff Flooring
- Panema, BN