“There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” – George Bernard Shaw
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 Scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
This April, the China team chose Durian Pastry.
The king of fruits – “Durian is definitely the king of fruits because of its pungent and creamy flavor that can be made into a dessert.”
- 150g medium gluten flour
- 50g of butter
- 35g of sugar
- 75g of warm water (about 38degrees celcius)
- 90g low-gluten flour
- 45g of butter
- 300g of durian meat (preferably D24 or Mao Shan Wang)
- Glaze Mixture:
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1tbsp melted butter
Method for Pastry:
1. Set oven at 180 degree Celsius with a baking pan oiled.
2. Mix well and thoroughly each of the pastry separately. Next knead the two pastry parts well and cover with plastic wrap loosely. Let it sit in fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Next knead the pastry into strips divided into 12 pieces
4. Fold and flatten each strip 3 times, then roll into a ball and brush with some melted butter.
Method for Fillings:
With each ball of pastry, put some durian filling in the center then place them filling-side down into the heated baking pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Halfway through baking, you can brush the pastry with the glaze mixture to achieve crispness and golden colour.
1. Metallic Ombre, Phillip Jeffries
2. Himali Splendid, Brink and Campman
3. LVT Moduleo Moods
4. Zapara, Harlequin
For more details of the product, please contact:
Goodrich Global (Headquarters)
Marketing Department | Goodrich Building | 8 Changi South Lane, #05-01| Singapore 486113 | T: 6787 8787 | F: 6788 7733 | E: email@example.com
| Mon to Fri: 9am to 6pm | Closed on Public Holidays
Goodrich Gallery (Showroom)
| Mon to Fri: 9am to 6pm S&S: 1030am to 7pm | Closed on Public Holidays