27 June 2018
Wallpapers vs. Wallcoverings: Which one will suit your needs?
The colour, texture and design of the wall is one of the major attractions, may it be in a commercial or residential space. Wall colour and design can set the mood and even reflect the personality of its owner.
Nowadays, whatever you put on the wall is something that you must understand. There are many ways to make the wall eye-catching and the famous ones are the wallpaper and wallcovering. We have the difference between the two for you to know which one will suit your needs.
- Mostly used in residential spaces – As the name suggests, it is mainly made from paper. This is the reason why wallpapers are commonly used in residential areas and places with low traffic applications.
- Perfect for accent walls – If you want to have a special wall that will suit your vinyl flooring, this is the perfect material to use. Wallpaper, since it is mostly made in paper, can be of special designs that you want for your accent wall. It is also easy to clean.
- Endless possibilities of designs and colours – As mentioned above, it comes in many designs, textures, patterns and colours so you have a lot of choices. With proper maintenance, colours may last longer than expected.
- Designed mostly for commercial use – In contrast to wallpapers, it is mostly used for commercial applications. This includes bars, outdoor decking spaces, lobbies, and corridors.
- Easy to clean – Even in heavy traffic application, wallcovering products such as vinyl and carpet can be easily cleanedwith mild soap and warm water and dried with a lint-free cloth using a blotting action.
- Less seams – The result of proper installation in wallcoverings have less seams and wastages when compared to wallpapers.
Wallpapers and wallcoverings are both good alternatives to paint when it comes to creating an amusing wall. With proper installation and maintenance, it can both last long. The only difference will depend on the needs that you want for your space.