21 June 2018
Ho ho ho! Jingle bells are ringing! Christmas is soon arriving!
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
For the month of December, the Goodrich Team chose the Whoopie Pie.
Holiday treats – Whoopie pies are for some a must have for Christmas because of its gooey marshmallow center. Some might not call it a pie, rather a cookie. Paired with hot chocolate drink, it’s the ultimate Christmas holiday treat.
- ½ of 226g package reduced fat-cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ½ of 198g jar of marshmallow crème
- 12 soft chocolate cookies
1. For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth and fluffy. Fold in marshmallow crème.
2. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. For firmer filling, wrap and chill about 2 hours before serving.
- Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies: Prepare as directed, except substitute ¼ cup creamy peanut butter for the butter and use soft peanut butter or sugar cookies.
- Siege, Aldeco
- Uncorked, Symphony
- Diamond, Moduleo Moods