20 June 2018
In Goodrich’s 2018 calendar, we featured 12 scrumptious dessert recipes to make every month a sweet journey.
For the month of November, the Goodrich Myanmar team chose Chinese Almond Cookies.
Crunchy Goodness – There is no stopping at one when it comes to eating Chinese Almond Cokies. Superbly addictive!
• 2 ¾ cups sifted all purpose flour
• 1 cup white sugar
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 cup lard
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 48 almonds
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees celcius.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together into a bowl. Cut in the lard until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add egg and almond extract. Mix well.
3. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Set them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Place an almond on top of each cookie and press down to flatten slightly.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. 15 to 18 minutes.
- Autumn Maple, Geff
- Renaissance of Arts, Tuntex
- Koi Samui, Camengo
- Christian Fischbacher, BN